HTC Iberia has invited US to comment on the current status of the company and learn about its three new releases in Spain: Desire HD2 Mini and Smart. We had the first contact with the three during the Mobile World Congress, but this approach has been more productive and intimate.
HTC boasts of being a young company (four years in Spain) that has grown 19 percent since the first quarter of 2009. Your brand is the most important seventh mobile, just behind Blackberry. “ HTC ” is definitely a name increasingly present in our life.
The company is growing in a context in which the 30% of mobile devices are smartphones, and they believe that in a few years that number will go up incredibly at 80%. The main pillar of its strategy is the network of good friends have: Microsoft, Google and Qualcomm.
To HTC sobran le praises to Sense (his identity firm that neither to evolve) and Android (in my opinion the platform that blew up their incredible growth). This morning have stressed that Google predicts that by the end of 2010, Android will handle 150 thousand applications, When there are currently just over 30 thousand.
HTC Smart: the small for the masses
We all agree that is the younger brother of the presentation, but has a potential than the other two no: is designed to reach the vast majority of the market. And in my opinion has all the qualities to get it.
It is simple and intuitive, powerful in what people want to foot (social networking, music, photos). I highlight two things from this terminal: its price of 199 euros and its highly attractive design: rear Gummy, rounded and very compact. The platform used, Brew MP, seems enough thanks to the interface with flavor a Sense (Friend Stream, etc.).
- Processor: 300 Mhz
- Memory: 256 MB of RAM and 256 MB ROM + microSD
- Operating system: Brew Mobile
- Dimensions / weight: 104 x 55 x 12.8 mm / 108 grams
- Screen: TFT-LCD resistive touch 2.8-inch QVGA resolution
- Network: HSDPA/WCDMA, quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE
- Extras and connectivity: bluetooth 2.0, 3.5 mm audio jack, FM radio, HTC ExtUSB
- Camera: 3 megapixel camera with fixed focus and flash
- Battery / autonomy: 1100mah / 370 minutes in conversation
HTC HD Mini: a very interesting miniaturization
Your name says it all: is a miniaturized HTC HD 2. But precisely for this reason it has lost what the HTC HD 2 had special: its huge screen. Personally I don’t see it at the height of its competition, but is the ideal phone for those who want a Windows Phone instead of Android and have small pockets.
HTC had him clear “ not everyone wants a more than four-inch screen ”, so have decided to launch this small Mini HD the internal design is a masterpiece. Compactadisimo and assembled perfectly, a good source of pride for the engineers of HTC. It has a HVGA resolution and some graphic watermarks HD 2 have been eliminated, as the presentation in 3D from photos.
- Processor: 600 Mhz
- Memory: 384 MB RAM and 512 MB ROM + microSD
- Operating system: Windows Mobile 6.5.3 with HTC Sense
- Dimensions / weight: 103.8 x 57.7 x 11.7 mm / 110 grams
- Display: touch capacitive 3.2-inch HVGA (320 x 480) resolution
- Network: HSPA/WCDMA, GSM
- Connectivity and extras: bluetooth 2.1, WiFi, GPS, FM radio
- Camera: 5 megapixel camera with auto-focus
- Battery / autonomy: 1200 mAh / 400 minutes in conversation
- Sensors: accelerometer, proximity sensor and ambient light sensor
HTC Desire: that obscure object of desire
The star of the presentation, and the phone most anticipated by many of those who saw how the Nexus One was immediately relieved by their manufacturers. In the words of HTC: “ Desire is the representative of all HTC can do technologically at the moment & #8221;.
I can tell you that it is fine what can be expected after meeting him in photos, and new the peculiar rubbery texture HTC housings make the phone feel very well in hand. And if it’s not love at first sight, it will be second in terms of We check the power of the 1 GHz Snapdragon.
- Processor: 1 Ghz
- Memory: 576 MB of RAM and 512 MB ROM + microSD
- Operating system: Android 2.1 with HTC Sense
- Dimensions / weight: 119 x 60 x 11.9 mm / 135 grams
- Display: AMOLED capacitive touchscreen of 3.7-inch WVGA (480 x 800) resolution
- Network: HSPA/WCDMA, GSM
- Connectivity and extras: bluetooth 2.1, WiFi, GPS, FM radio, 3.5 mm jack, microUSB
- Camera: 5 megapixel camera with auto-focus and flash + detection of faces and geolocation
- Battery / autonomy: 1400 mAh / 390 minutes in conversation
- Sensors: accelerometer, compass, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor