DROID Incredible combines the power of the Android OS, the usability of the interface HTC Sense and the exclusive network of Verizon Wireless. So the terminal could know at the Mobile World Congress as HTC Incredible and that will reach the American market in the hands of the mentioned carrier on April 29 at a price that lives up to its name has been presented officially.
Their technical specifications, which was known it would share the AMOLED screen of 3.7 are not less inches and the Qualcomm Snapdragon of the Google Nexus One circuitry, as well as the attractive interface UI Sense of the HTC Legend and HTC Desire. However, remaining gaps that finally have been resolved formally following its submission, as it can be the 8 megapixel autofocus digital camera.
In the days leading up to the launch event now they circulated some screenshots of the site operator that had been published by mistake the supposed features of the device and that raced like wildfire around all the gossip network. Something which, as usual, does nothing but increase the expectation before the arrival on the market of the same.
He doesn’t call us powerfully the attention the terminal design whose red color profiles give you certain aggressiveness. It is not for less, since the DROID Incredible has been designed for all types of audiences, both the household as the corporate, perhaps trying to present battle to Apple’s iPhone. And his arguments are quite strong:
- Processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 1 GHz
- 512 MB ROM, 512 MB RAM
- 8 GB of internal memory for storage
- Memory expansion via microSD up to 32 GB card
- Touch screen capacitive AMOLED 3.7 inch (480 × 800 pixels)
- 8 megapixel camera with autofocus and dual LED flash
- Networks CDMA/EV-DO Rev A
- Connectivity Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g
- Integrated GPS, Google Maps, accelerometer and digital compass
- Operating system Android 2.1 with HTC Sense
- Seven quick access panels screen
- Full HTML browser with Flash Lite 4.0
- Push mail with Gmail and Exchange ActiveSync integration
- Updates of Facebook, Twitter and Flickr on a single screen
- Customized applications for YouTube, NFL Mobile and Skype
- Advanced speech recognition and visual voice mail
- Optical joystick and touch-sensitive buttons
- Light intensity and proximity sensors
- Audio jack 3.5 mm
- Autonomy of up to 149 hours standby and up to 5 hours talk
The change of name and its commercialization for a CDMA network operator tells us that it is quite possibly a terminal whose exclusivity will enjoy in the U.S. market, Although it does not prevent the Taiwanese manufacturer to remove the relevant replica for GSM networks under its own brand.
As we discussed, April 29 is the date chosen for the market with a price of 199.99 dollars (148 euros at current Exchange) with a contract of 24 months with Verizon Wireless.