Is it possible to perform cardiovascular activities and at the same time gain muscle mass?
This is one of the biggest controversies that arise in the world of athletes and athletes. But as we must know that to increase muscle mass we need to accelerate our body to be able to lose weight, and this occurs when performing a cardio or weight exercise and having a good low calorie diet (it means a high calorie diet). Taking into account that each individual is different, calories should be calculated according to height, age, sex, daily physical activity (either with exercise or the development of ordinary everyday life) and the Your body’s complexion (the size of the bones).
And just knowing all this information establishes a quantity of calories that the individual must consume to remain in their weight, without increasing or losing weight and keeping their body in proper functioning.
We must take into account that if we perform an anaerobic activity or bodybuilding or weight lifting, avoid doing it the same day that we go for a run or do a cardiovascular activity. And if in the case we want to join both activities on the same day, then we must know what to do first.
It is necessary to take into account that cardiovascular activities tend to end up with the reserves of glycogen or amino acids, necessary fuels for the growth of the muscle and therefore, at the moment of making weights, will gain zero of muscle.
So for those who love to run and at the same time look muscular or athletic, andyoutdoor recommends the following tricks, which do not fail!
- Eat six times a day. Adding more carbohydrates of slow absorption in the morning as: rice, cereals, avocado, olive oil) and ingesting more proteins in the afternoon and at night. And if we train more than 8 sessions during the week we should increase our calorie consumption. Approximately 500 calories more than one needs, the diet should be based on complex carbohydrates and also be high in protein (1.5 to 2 grams of protein per day per kilogram of your weight).
- Taking breaks, to avoid injury and also through rest is one of the tricks and strategy that allows the increase of muscle mass, avoiding stress, pain, fatigue, etc.
- Interval training.-If you do cardiovascular activities, it is best to do the interval training, adding more time and intensity to the races to burn more fat, process the fiber and of course, gain more fitness and increase strength.
- Training of Legs without running, when we talk about it we refer to the training of weights or bodybuilding, and here we will explain very meticulously since many are often mistaken in the order of the training. Cardio before or after the weights? First, we will start by defining each activity. CARDIO is an activity or exercise to increase the heart rate through activities with a low or moderate rhythm that seek to use the body’spotential as a source of energy for fats and glycogen To a lesser extent), complemented by the presence of oxygen (aerobic exercise). WEIGHTS, on the contrary, require a constant effort to be carried out correctly, where the muscle works at its maximum potential, requiring as main fuel the glycogen and the amino acids thereof and without the presence of oxygen (anaerobic exercise), so that the The number of calories burned is much lower compared to when doing cardio exercises. What does all this mean ?? That doing CARDIO the body needed to fat as asource of primary energy, while in the PESAS need of Glycogen to make a successful weight training or activity anaerobic0. So if we do Cardio first what we will do is use our Glycogen, which is our sustenance for our anaerobic section; Which will not make any sense since what we look for in a CARDIO activity is to first take fat as a source of energy, but unfortunately the first thing we will take is glycogen. That is why it is recommended to carry PESAS or the First Strength Exercises and then Cardio so that once our reserve of Glycogen used in our anaerobic training is exhausted, let us immediately go to our CARDIO activity. Consuming directly and effectively our Fat reserve, which is the ideal we are looking for.
- Train weight or weight training or anaerobic activities for more than 60 minutes, since we must understand that when practicing an anaerobic session our body releases the cortisol (catabolic hormone) after 60 minutes of training, and this hormone if you train for a long time what Do is destroy your muscle as testosterone levels decrease. It should be noted that growth hormone and testosterone (anabolic hormones) reach their highest level after 20 minutes of starting the training and at 45 minutes it returns to its initial state, so it is not worth training more of the time indicated above.
- Ignore the post-training food… You can not imagine how your body at the end of a training, its demand for proteins and ingesting the maximum nutrients is very high and to repair the muscle fibers you broke need to recover with carbohydrates (high glycemic index) And fast absorption proteins (here as protein in powders is excellent choice because it is absorbed fast). It is important that in this meal you do not include fats of any type, since you will delay the absorption of the nutrients. If you do not feed after having trained you consider that your training has been in vain, since you will not see a successful job.
- “Remember that the process of gaining muscle mass is a difficult task, but not impossible, simply work, constancy and dedication, feeding and training correctly, we can reach the goal faster than we think”