Why is An LED Bulb More Economical?

The use of LED technology is increasingly common.Televisions, traffic lights and public lighting already have the presence of light emitting diodes in place of the common lamps used in their structures.

But, after all, what makes the LED more economical than an incandescent or fluorescent light bulb?If you have already rambled on this issue, know that the answer is quite simple and you can see a more detailed explanation below.

The lamps

In a common incandescent lamp, less than 10% of the energy passing through it is transformed into light.The other 90% of electricity is lost in the form of heat, so a lamp of this kind heats up so much when it is accessed for a long time.

Already thinking about the energy saving, the fluorescent lamps have appeared, that use much less energy than the successors, but they have mercury in its composition.Therefore, LED has emerged as a reasonable alternative.

The LED is nothing more than a light emitting diode.In addition to having a very small size compared to other lamps, the diode has a really good brightness ratio.

And where does the economy come from?

LED bulbs are much more efficient than ordinary bulbs because they produce the same amount of light (or lumens, to be more correct) using much less energy.In addition, the generation of heat during this process is practically nil, which helps in energy saving.

While an incandescent bulb spends the right amount of 60 W to produce a certain amount of lumens, a set of LEDs needs just 20 W. Another great advantage of LED bulbs is that they are much more resistant than incandescent and fluorescent.

A problem

But since everything is not perfect, LED bulbs have a reasonably large defect: the price.A quick Google search for the price of such products reveals an average value of $ 50 per lamp.

Although the advantages are quite flashy, the price at which the LED sets are marketed is still much higher than expected by the consumer.Even if the value reaches $ 20 a few years, it is still an investment that many people are not willing to do.

After realizing that there is a real reduction in energy costs, many companies have begun to switch to LED bulbs.In Mexico and Italy, for example, LED has been tested in public lighting since 2010. In Brazil, it is already possible to see some luminaires using this technology in place of ordinary light bulbs.

Even with the initial investment quite high, the benefits of using LED bulbs can make the trade worthwhile.