Guiyang is the capital of Guizhou Province. It is an important transportation hub for 4 railways (Guizhou-Yunnan, Guizhou-Sichuan, Guizhou-Hunan and Guangxi-Guizhou) and a network of highways leading to Kunming, Chongqing, Hengyang and other cities. The city is famous for such attractions as Qianling Mountain, Jiaxiulou Tower, Gaopo Ethnic Area, Tianhe Pool, Nanjiao Underground Park, Huaxi Park, Wengcheng Pavilion, Jiaxiu Tower, Guizhou Provincial Museum.
Mount Qinling (Qianling) is located in the northwest of Guiyang. At the foot of the park there is a park of the same name, where ancient trees grow, there are clear water bodies and amazing stones. Macaques, various birds and reptiles are found in whole flocks in the park. On a winding path, tourists can climb the mountain to Hongfu Temple. The temple was built in 1672 in the early period of the Qing Dynasty and is an ancient architectural ensemble of a pavilion, a hall, a chapel and a gallery. At the top of the mountain is the Wanzhuting Gazebo, which overlooks Guiyang. In the park, you can also see the Qilin karst cave, which can accommodate 100 people at the same time. Check ebizdir for three gorges in China.
Terem Jiasiyulou is located on a granite cliff protruding from the water on the Nanming River, which flows south of Guiyang. The beginning of the construction of the pagoda dates back to 1598. The height of the building is 20 m, it has three tiers, each of which is equipped with a cornice hanging in a circle. The roof eaves are supported by white stone pillars, and around the pagoda there is a stone fence decorated with bas-reliefs. The view of the pagoda is unique and picturesque. A bridge was erected at its foot, connecting the southern bank of the river with the northern one. At dusk, when lights are lit on the pagoda, the outlines of buildings and the bridge take on a fantastically fabulous look. Inside the pagoda, stone-cutting products, antique furniture, paintings by artists and calligraphers are stored.
The Gaopo ethnic region covers an area of 107.4 km2. Buitans and Miaochans live compactly here, whose bright costumes and rich folklore complement the magnificent landscapes of the area. Buitans are great masters of batik, which they have been making since ancient times, it is famous for its beautiful ornament and is known not only in China, but all over the world.
Baihua Lake Scenic Area is located 22 km from the city in the northern and western surroundings. This artificial lake with an area of 13.5 km 2 was created in 1960 during the construction of a dam for a hydroelectric power station. It became famous for its unique beauty and grace. More than 100 islands are scattered on the lake, striking with their amazing shapes.
Tianhe Basin (Tianhe) is a natural depression, 30 m deep. A small reservoir has formed at its bottom, into which the Tianhe waterfall carries its waters. On the surface, a kind of bridge has formed from the remains of the caves, from which a beautiful view opens.
Nanjiao Underground Park is located 7 km southwest of Guiyang. The central object in the park is the White Dragon Cave. This is a tunnel 587 m long, the walls of which are decorated with amazing limestone columns, flowers and other stalactites and stalagmites of bizarre shapes. A river passes through the cave, along which tourist boats can go inside.
Huaxi Park (Huaxi) is 15 km away from the city center. A river flows throughout the park. In some places its course is so calm that it becomes like a lake. In other areas, it rapidly makes its way through the rocks, forming waterfalls, and sometimes disappears underground. Between the park and the Tianhe basin is the Huaxi reservoir. On one of its banks is the village of Zhenshan, where the Buitians live. The village consists of 120 houses and is surrounded by stone walls, resembling a fortress. Visitors to Zhengshan can taste traditional Buitan food and watch a folklore performance.
Wengcheng Pavilion was built in 1609. During its existence, it has undergone many rebuildings and reconstructions. Today it is a three-story building in a typical local architectural style. Each floor of the building is framed by irregularly shaped 9-corner cornices. The pavilion is under the protection of the province.
The Jiaxiu Tower, which has become a symbol of the city, belongs to the monuments of the late 16th century. It is built on rocks in the Nanming River. The tower has a three-tier structure and rises to 20 m; it is supported by 12 stone columns. The tower is connected to a bridge that provides access to the north and south banks of the Nanming River.
The Guizhou Provincial Museum has collected about 30,000 historical relics and 10,000 specimens of local flora and fauna. The ancient city of Qingyang is located 29 km from Guyang.(Qingyan), which was founded in 1738. Many old buildings and historical relics are well preserved behind the fortress walls.
30 km west of Guiyang is the artificial lake Hongfeng or Red Maple Lake, with an area of 57.2 km2. 92 islands are scattered across its territory, on which numerous caves are located. Underground rivers flow through some caves. An ethnic village stands on the banks of the river. Xiang Valley is located 42 km north of the administrative center. The specialty of this place is the production of paper. 42 working water mills will give an insight into the ancient art of papermaking. In the Kayan Gorge (Kaiyang) 54 km north of the city flows the Nanjiang River. The gorge stretches for 40 km in length and has a maximum depth of 320 m. A park has been created on a section of 18.5 km where tourists can go hiking, canoeing, and rafting. There are 48 waterfalls in the gorge, from very small to 30 meters high. Another of its attractions are egrets, which fly down the river during the day and return to their nests in the upper reaches in the evening. At night, when the lights are lit in the villages in the river valley, the area takes on an amazingly beautiful view.