Learn how to turn your Android, iPhone, iPad or Windows Phone a USB or Wi-Fi modem
Have you ever thought about using your phone as a router? With a decent mobile internet and the lack of Wi-Fi hotspots around, it can be a good solution to get rid of frustration at airports and cafes. Today, any mobile platform, Android, iOS or Windows Phone, you can turn a small personal modem and help in the most difficult hours.
The principle works very simply: the card of your device that is responsible for connecting to the Wi-Fi network also do the reverse process, converting the mobile network to a Wi-Fi hotspot so you can use it as a router. for TV, notebook, computer or even another mobile phone. Let the steps.
Many Android devices give different names for this function. Some call it “Portable Wi-Fi,” others call “Wi-Fi hotspot”, “mobile access point” and you can even find the name “Anchoring” or “routing” close to any of these securities. Do not be confused: the principle is exactly the same.
The steps were reproduced on a Motorola Moto X (2014), but are valid for all Android devices support function, including several from Samsung, Motorola, LG, Sony, Alcatel Asus, Xiaomi, etc. Let the tutorial:
- To access, just go toSettings> More> Portable Wi-Fi . Your device can directly put option on home screen settings page without expanding the menu. The important thing is to understand that it will be below network settings , close the Wi-Fi menu, Bluetooth, Data usage and the
- Before you activate, you need to set an SSID (network name) and password to get access to another device.To check, just go Set Up Wi-Fi router .
- In Network name , put any of your own, which will be the Wi-Fi name that will appear on other devices. The Security , if you choose to put a password, can be kept WPA2 PSK . In Password , put the other device will use to connect to your device (it is important to remember this information).
- If still appear some more option, no need tochange anything. In mine, I can still move in Select band AP , the options of 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz 2.4 GHz A is accepted by most devices and works well for short distances, so I chose to leave it.. Warning:only enable the router in 5GHz if you know other device that is connecting supports to this band.
- After all, just enable the Portable Router Wi-Fi and connect to as many devices as you need. It is always good to keep your phone close by and keep in mind that this feature takes a lot of battery , then do it with a power outlet nearby.
If you have a Samsung or LG device, the steps may be different, but the principle is the same. Below, a video made by Samsung of Brazil teaches enable the feature on the Galaxy S6. The steps are the same (and the result too).
Did you know? Router via USB or Bluetooth
This feature also works via USB or Bluetooth. It is very useful because not always the Wi-Fi network from your mobile phone is fast enough to deliver the internet you need. If you want to connect a specific device, can be better router (or tethering) USB.
This form may be preferable for two reasons: your phone will be carrying while providing the internet, so there are many problems with the battery, and in addition to work with the mobile network of your device, the feature can transmit up to Wi network Fi in the phone is connected.
But why is this an advantage? I explain. Most computers and laptops today have a Wi-Fi card built-in quality, so this is not a problem. But if you have an older computer or he has problems in range of the Wi-Fi network, this alternative may be a good option. I myself have used when my desktop was away from the router, since it does not have Wi-Fi card.
And as it does to activate? The principle is almost the same. Just go in Settings> More> Portable Wi-Fi and enable the Link USB (tethering) . Then just connect the phone via USB to the computer and wait a bit. In Windows, the phone will automatically install a driver. In OS X, you need to download the HoRNDIS, which activates this feature (but beware: it is not compatible with OS X 10.11 El Capitan).
iPhone / iPad
IOS users can also take advantage of these functions above. And it’s not difficult. In this platform, Apple calls the Wi-Fi router Personal Access . It is in only in a menu are options to share your internet via Wi-Fi, USB or even Bluetooth. Let the steps:
- Please Settings> Personal Hotspot . It is in the first block, located in a green icon with two links connected. Make sure your mobile data is activated in section Mobile .
- Then just set the password forthe connection by clicking Password Wi-Fi . There, the name can also be changed. Keep this information in mind at the time of connection.
- IOS itself offers instructions to connect to your network for any type of connection.Just follow the tips listed below and use the password on your computer, tablet or even on another phone.
In iOS, it is interesting that you have access to many connections exist on your device.Then you can see if a lot of people are connecting to your network and disable if you do not want to spend a lot of data. The information is always in the notification bar, now blue with the name Personal Access.
If you have more questions, this page Apple Support clarifies all the information you need to know about using your iPhone as a router, such as SSID, connection bandwidth and security.
For Windows Phone users (Lumia), the principle is the same, but the appeal has Internet Sharing name on the platform. Follow the instructions below:
- From the Home screen, go to the application menu and click Settings .
- Then the tab System , click Internet Sharing .
- You need to configure the connection on screen Set . There, you can choose the transmission name , which is what will appear to the other devices, and Password . In Security type , you can also choose not to put any password. If you want, it is good to leave this option in WPA2 .
- Windows Phone 8.1, this options can be accessed by clicking on the small screen footer editing pencil.
- When you finish the setting, just set the Share as On leaving the filled rectangle. It is important to say that the name transmission or password not may contain the following characters: “& ‘<> .
If you have any problem, Microsoft also offers good help pages for users Windows Phone 7 and Windows Phone 8. The pages also teach how to enable sharing of internet via Bluetooth.
Could perform the above steps on your phone? You are already sharing your internet?
How to Setup Belkin router
How to Setup Brother Wireless Printer Without CD …
Dual Band 2.4GHz / 5GHz Wifi HDMI Miracast DLNA Display …
Wifi HDMI Miracast DLNA Display Dongle for iPhone iOS …
How To Turn Your Laptop/PC Into WiFi Hotspot?
iPhone / iPad | Installation Guide
winhotspot Virtual WiFi Router
Create A Wi-Fi Hotspot Without Any Router Just Using Your …
Roman Kharkovski personal blog: Parental control software …
How to find IP address
My WIFI Router
Dynamics CRM 2013 Advanced Customizations
TP-Link TL-WR841HP Router Price in Pakistan
How To Use Computer Internet On Android Mobile Phones
Wifi HDMI Miracast DLNA Display Dongle for iPhone iOS …