How many times his posture did not affect him on a physical level and psychic? Learn more about techniques of correction posture will significantly improve their quality of life.
The posture that we adopt while we are sitting at work clearly affects our mental and physical condition.
This decrease of the physical condition and our mental state has consequences at the level of our health-physical, mental, and of our productivity.
HOW IS IT THAT THIS HAPPENS?
Let’s start by the negative consequences in our physical condition.
People who spend countless hours seated at work due to fatigue tend to adopt a posture more unkempt and closed.
This posture typically characterized by forward shoulders, forward neck, an exaggerated curvature of the spine that can cause pain, usually in the cervical area and the lumbar area.
In certain cases, these pains may extend to the shoulders and cause numbness in the limbs.
PROBLEMS THAT CAN ARISE BY ADOPTING A WRONG POSTURE
- Increased pressure in the vertebrae and, consequently, in the vertebral discs which can contribute to problems with degenerative disease disc degenerative, hernias, osteoarthritis.);
- Overload on the muscles of the spine that work to balance the adoption of poor posture;
- Stress on ligaments and joints;
- Increased pressure on nerves and compression of blood vessels making it more difficult for good blood circulation.
Our physiology has the capacity to change our mental state, as well as our state of mind influence our physiology.
When we feel well and happy, we have a tendency to walk head held high and smiling, in the same way when we feel bad we tend to walk with their heads down and shoulders slumped.
Thus, the poor posture is identified earlier also has a negative impact on our mental state.
IMPACT OF POOR POSTURE
This posture closed tends to make us feel weaker, less confident, and with higher levels of stress, which can lead to failure.
A study conducted by two psychologists demonstrated that our posture influences our state of mind and our production of hormones, in particular testosterone (the hormone of dominance) and cortisol (the stress hormone).
The adoption during the two minutes of postures associated with power and postures associated with fear revealed changes in our levels of testosterone and cortisol.
Only two minutes! Have you ever imagined what can happen when you spend at least 8 hours of the day in a posture closed while we work?
You can do some simple tests to verify these changes in your mental state.
- When you are in a negative state, try holding a pencil with your teeth forcing our mouth is to adopt a position in which it is to smile. How do you feel after a few seconds? Improved a little bit your mood?!
- Try be for 10 seconds, sitting with shoulders slumped looking down with crossed legs and say in a loud voice: I am a champion! How do you feel? What you said does not make much sense, nor feel very confident to say so?
- Now try to place yourself with your chest out, head high, arms open and lifted, and say aloud: I am a champion! How it feels? Feel better? With more energy and confidence?
What impact might this have on your performance at work? When it is that you feel more productive, able to develop a better work and better cope with your customers? Perhaps when you feel more confident and lower stress levels.
People adopting postures associated with power tend to be more confident, more optimistic and risk more, be less reactive to stress and more relaxed.
Thus, as we have already seen our bad posture can be negative for us on a physical level and can cause pain in our body and affects our psychological state. This has a great impact both in our personal lives, whether in our professional life.
Back pain are very annoying and can cause us to lose our focus on the work.
In addition to the fact that the poor posture influence our state of mind can lead to being less productive, we pass a message less enthusiastic to our customers which may affect the sales and the relationship with them among other things.
TECHNICAL CORRECTION OF POSTURAL
The good news is that we can counter these effects, various forms and all of them are very simple.
- Have more body awareness and adopt a posture more upright, more open and head raised;
- Levantarmo us from our chair several times a day, and if possible to walk around the office/place of work;
- When we walk, we should also pay attention to our posture;
- Do exercises muscle building.
The exercises for strengthening the muscle contribute to fix the problems already detected, to improve the mobility of the spine without pain and to prevent/decrease the risk of injury.
Weight training exercise, carried out with loads appropriate to our level and specific to our problems, are the best solution to prevent and correct problems in the spinal column.
Small gestures done every day can lead to great results.
Do you know someone with this type of problems? Share with that person this article!
In a next article we will present some exercises and the benefits that we can get done them.
Physical Therapy for Neck Pain Offered in Denver CO
Posture Nation Elite
Self-Back Cracking: Good or Bad? A Chiropractor’s Opinion
Workplace Injury & Ergonomics in Austin TX
All About Spinal Health
Are you sitting comfortably?
How to Achieve the Best Piano Posture
Yoga Tips – Correct Sitting Posture in Office
Correcting Computer Desk Posture | Video Tutorial
The Gamer’s Guide to Ergonomics: Your Posture, Chair, Desk …
How to set up a computer work station for correct office …
Sitting On A Horse In Balance
A Beginner’s Guide to Running (and Why You’ve Been Doing …
STAR, STAR+PLUS, and CHIP
Watch Yourself! Body Language Tips For Your Next Interview …
MassageByHeather.com – Louisville Massage Therapy » How to …
Successful Writing Steps Report [Introduction-Preparation …
Bench Press Technique