According to TOPSCHOOLSOFLAW, Richmond, Texas is a city located in Fort Bend County, Texas. It is part of the Houston-Sugar Land-Baytown metropolitan area. The city has a population of 11,679 people as of 2020.
The geography of Richmond is mostly flat with some rolling hills in the southern and western parts of the city. The climate is generally hot and humid in the summer months and mild to cool in the winter months.
The history of Richmond dates back to 1822 when it was first settled by Stephen F Austin and his colonists. Since then, it has grown into a vibrant community with a rich cultural heritage that includes its unique blend of cultures and influences from all over the world.
Richmond politics are mostly conservative, as evidenced by its strong support for Republican candidates in local elections. The economy of Richmond relies heavily on agriculture, oil production, and manufacturing industries such as aerospace engineering and biomedical research.
Richmond schools are highly rated in terms of academic performance, safety, and student achievement. The Lamar Consolidated Independent School District serves most areas within the city limits while Houston Community College provides higher education opportunities for those who wish to pursue further studies outside the district’s boundaries.
There are also several landmarks located throughout Richmond that make it an interesting place to visit or explore. These include Old City Cemetery Park which offers visitors a glimpse into past times with its old headstones; George Ranch Historical Park which features living history exhibits; George Memorial Library which houses many books about local history; and Fort Bend Museum which displays artifacts from Native American culture as well as early settlers who lived in the area over two centuries ago.
Population: 11,081. Estimated population in July 2020: 13,262 (+19.7% change)
Males: 5,486 (49.5%), Females: 5,595 (50.5%)
Fort Bend County
Zip codes: 77469.
Median resident age: 29.6 years
Median household income: $34,888
Median house value: $78,900
Races in Richmond:
- Hispanic (58.7%)
- Other race (31.0%)
- White Non-Hispanic (26.7%)
- Black (13.5%)
- Two or more races (3.0%)
- American Indian (1.0%)
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
Ancestries: German (5.6%), English (4.4%), Irish (3.8%), United States (3.3%), Czech (2.8%), Scotch-Irish (1.7%).
Land area: 3.7 square miles
Richmond, Texas is located in Fort Bend County and has a population of over 12,500 people. This rapidly growing city is home to a diverse population of individuals from different backgrounds and cultures. The majority of the population is made up of Hispanic or Latino residents, which make up around 53.8% of the population. African Americans are the second largest demographic group at around 24%, followed by White residents at 19%. The remaining 3% includes other races such as Asian, Native American and Pacific Islander.
The median age in Richmond is 33 years old with nearly one-third of people under the age of 18. The median household income for Richmond is $68,000 which is higher than the national average and provides good economic stability for its citizens. There are also many job opportunities available in the city due to its close proximity to Houston. Education levels in Richmond are also high with 94% of adults having completed high school or higher education and 62% having achieved college degrees or higher. This reflects the commitment to learning among Richmond’s citizens which will benefit them for generations to come.
For population 25 years and over in Richmond
- High school or higher: 57.7%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 15.2%
- Graduate or professional degree: 5.2%
- Unemployed: 8.6%
- Mean travel time to work: 26.7 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Richmond city
- Never married: 26.0%
- Now married: 55.2%
- Separated: 4.2%
- Widowed: 5.2%
- Divorced: 9.4%
22.0% Foreign born (21.2% Latin America).
Population change in the 1990s: +819 (+8.0%).
Hospital/medical center in Richmond:
- POLLY RYON HOSP AUTHORITY (1705 JACKSON ST)
Other hospitals/medical centers near Richmond:
- METHODIST SUGAR LAND HOSPITAL (about 10 miles; SUGAR LAND, TX)
- CHRISTUS ST CATHERINE HEALTH & WELLNES (about 13 miles; KATY, TX)
- MEMORIAL HERMANN KATY HOSPITAL (about 13 miles; KATY, TX)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Richmond:
- WILLIAM P HOBBY (about 35 miles; HOUSTON, TX; Abbreviation: HOU)
- BRAZORIA COUNTY (about 40 miles; ANGLETON/LAKE JACKSON, TX; Abbreviation: LBX)
- GEORGE BUSH INTERCONTINENTAL ARPT/HOUSTON (about 40 miles; HOUSTON, TX; Abbreviation: IAH)
Other public-use airports nearest to Richmond:
- LANE AIRPARK (about 5 miles; ROSENBERG, TX; Abbreviation: T54)
- WESTHEIMER AIR PARK (about 8 miles; HOUSTON, TX; Abbreviation: O07)
- SUGAR LAND RGNL (about 9 miles; HOUSTON, TX; Abbreviation: SGR)
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Richmond:
- HOUSTON BAPTIST UNIVERSITY (about 19 miles; HOUSTON, TX; Full-time enrollment: 2,273)
- RICE UNIVERSITY (about 25 miles; HOUSTON, TX; Full-time enrollment: 4,158)
- UNIVERSITY OF ST THOMAS (about 29 miles; HOUSTON, TX; Full-time enrollment: 2,541)
- HOUSTON COMMUNITY COLLEGE SYSTEM (about 29 miles; HOUSTON, TX; Full-time enrollment: 21,140)
- THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS HEALTH SCIENCE CENTER (about 29 miles; HOUSTON, TX; Full-time enrollment: 2,595)
- UNIVERSITY OF HOUSTON-UNIVERSITY PARK (about 30 miles; HOUSTON, TX; Full-time enrollment: 25,479)
- TEXAS SOUTHERN UNIVERSITY (about 30 miles; HOUSTON, TX; Full-time enrollment: 5,808)
Public high school in Richmond:
- FOSTER HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 1,497; Location: 4400 FM 723; Grades: 09 – 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Richmond:
- BRISCOE JUNIOR HIGH (Students: 1,246; Location: 4300 FM 723; Grades: 06 – 08)
- MANFORD WILLIAMS ELEMENTARY (Students: 659; Location: 5111 FM 762; Grades: PK – 05)
- T L PINK ELEMENTARY (Students: 570; Location: 1001 COLLINS RD; Grades: PK – 05)
- MEYER ELEMENTARY (Students: 545; Location: 1930 MEYER RD; Grades: PK – 05)
- FROST ELEMENTARY (Students: 542; Location: 3306 SKINNER LN; Grades: PK – 05)
- SMITH ELEMENTARY (Students: 525; Location: 2014 LAMAR DR; Grades: PK – 05)
- JANE LONG ELEMENTARY (Students: 522; Location: 907 MAIN ST; Grades: PK – 05)
- STEPHEN F AUSTIN ELEMENTARY (Students: 509; Location: 1630 PITTS RD; Grades: PK – 05)
- JUAN SEGUIN ELEMENTARY (Students: 341; Location: 605 MABEL ST; Grades: PK – 05)
- JUVENILE DETENT CTR (Students: 21; Location: 122 GOLFVIEW; Grades: 04 – 12)
Private primary/middle school in Richmond:
- CALVARY EPISCOPAL SCHOOL INC. (Students: 280; Location: 1201 AUSTIN STREET; Grades: PK – 8)
Library in Richmond:
- FORT BEND COUNTY LIBRARIES (Operating income: $7,172,508; Location: 1001 GOLFVIEW DR; 471,311 books; 22,070 audio materials; 21,432 video materials; 1,349 serial subscriptions)