Bangladesh Geography

Bangladesh Geography and Population

Bangladesh – geography Bangladesh is one of the poorest and most densely populated countries in the world. The summer monsoon allows for very intensive farming, but regularly causes severe flooding. Population Leaving aside certain small town and island states, Bangladesh is the world’s most densely populated country; over 1000 residents per km2, which is more […]

Bangladesh Economy

Bangladesh Economy

Subchapters: Basic data Public finances and the state budget Banking system Tax system Basic data In 2021, the Bangladeshi economy gradually recovered from 2020, when it was significantly affected by the coronavirus pandemic, with negative effects mainly on the export of clothing products and unemployment. Bangladesh is now the 41st largest economy in the world […]

Bangladesh History

Bangladesh History

According to localcollegeexplorer, the current Bangladesh was born in 1947 as East Pakistan. Since the 1950s, autonomist aspirations found expression in the Awami League and led to open rebellion against the western part, which resulted on March 26, 1971 in the proclamation of independence with the name of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh. The Indian […]


Bangladesh State Facts

  THE CAPITAL Dakka STATE STRUCTURE Parliamentary republic INTERNAL DIVISION unitary state SQUARE 144,000 km² CLIMATE Tropical OFFICIAL LANGUAGE Bengal CURRENCY Bangladeshi taka POPULATION OK. 170 million NATIONAL COMPOSITION 98% – Bengalis, the remaining 2% are from India RELIGION Islam TIMEZONE UTC +6 / MSK +3 TELEPHONE CODE +880 Source: State flag The green color […]

Bangladesh Foreign Relations

Bangladesh Foreign Relations and Military

Foreign relations and army In 1974, the country joined the Commonwealth of Nations and the UN, and has since been elected twice to the UN Security Council: from 1978 to 1979 and from 2000 to 2001. In the 1980s, he played an important role in founding the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (ASACR) in order to expand relations with other South Asian states. Since […]